The Mark Nicholson Experience Scholarship
Rules and Regulations
As part of the Law Office of Mark Nicholson’s Scholarship Program, this is our inaugural scholarship competition. This is an annual scholarship video essay competition. We ask candidates to describe a life experience that motivated, encouraged, or changed them. The candidate with the best video essay will receive a $500 cash reward to go towards their education costs.
Candidates must submit a video essay that is 2-5 minutes long.
We limit candidates to one submission each.
April 1st, 2020
May 15th, 2020
Video Essay Topic
Describe an experience in your life that was so cataclysmic that it motivated you, encouraged you and/or changed the way you viewed an issue.
Scholarship Rules and Regulations
As part of our commitment to rehabilitation and service to the public, we sponsor The Mark Nicholson Experience Scholarship. The winner receives $500. See below for eligibility requirements, deadlines, and the application.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least a senior in high school in Indiana
- Be at least a current or incoming freshman, sophomore, junior or senior in college, university, trade/technical/art school.
- Employees and former employees of the Law Office of Mark Nicholson, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and members of said employees’ immediate family and those living in the same household of employees are not eligible.
Candidates must provide the following documents for consideration:
- A completed application
- Use minimum 12-point font
- Use Ariel, Times New Roman or Courier New fonts
- Application must be in Word or PDF format
- Upload your 2-5 minute video to YouTube or Vimeo
- Email the video link to firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend candidates share it using private or unlisted settings to prevent others from viewing it prior to the submission deadline.
The award recipient (Nicholson Scholar) shall provide the following documentation to receive the scholarship:
- Identification to verify they are the person who won the scholarship
- A check from the Law Office of Mark Nicholson for $500 made payable to the Nicholson Scholar and he/she is expected to submit receipts under IRS regulations
- The Nicholson Scholar must complete the proper tax (W-9) forms
- Post on the Scholar’s social media pages that they are the winner of the Mark Nicholson Experience Scholarship
Winner Selection and Announcements
Application and Video Essay scores will be based on content, creativity, factual accuracy, style, grammar, and originality. Responses should contain only original content. We will award one candidate a $500 scholarship. We will notify the winning Scholar of the selection in July. We must receive submissions by May 15, 2020.
The Law Office of Mark Nicholson reserves the right to alter or discontinue this scholarship at any time without notice. All submissions become the property of The Law Office of Mark Nicholson and may be posted or displayed online, in whole or part, without notification. The Law Office of Mark Nicholson has full editorial control of each submission and shall be entitled to use, alter, or delete submissions for any purpose without compensation to applicants.
Terms and Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
- Applicants must be at least 17 years old in order to participate.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to apply for this scholarship.
- To apply for the scholarship and details on how to enter are available on our website, https://www.marknicholsonlaw.com/scholarships/
- Candidates may enter to apply by clicking on Scholarship Application or other scholarship websites.
- Closing date for entry will be May 15, 2020 at 11:59:59pm EST. After this date, no further entries for the scholarship will be permitted.
- We allow only one entry per candidate.
- The Law Office of Mark Nicholson and/or other designees will judge the essays and videos.
- We will base essay and video scores on content, creativity, accuracy, style, grammar and originality. Submissions should contain original content.
- We will notify The Nicholson Scholar by email and/or phone. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The Law Office of Mark Nicholson will notify the winner when and where the award can be collected.
- The winner will receive a onetime, $500 scholarship.
- No cash alternative to the award will be offered. The award is not transferable. The award is subject to availability, and The Law Office of Mark Nicholson reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material.
- The Law Office of Mark Nicholson may make the winner’s name available publicly.
- The Law Office of Mark Nicholson’s decision regarding all matters to do with the scholarship will be final.
- The Law Office of Mark Nicholson accepts no responsibility for applications not received for whatever reason.
- The Law Office of Mark Nicholson reserves the right to cancel or amend the scholarship and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, an act of God or any actual or expected breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of our control.
- The Law Office of Mark Nicholson is not responsible for inaccurate award details supplied to any candidate by any third party connected with this scholarship.
- Indiana law will govern the scholarship and these terms and conditions, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Indiana.
- We will deem applications for this scholarship as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- We will post past Nicholson Scholars on our website.
- Employees of The Law Office of Mark Nicholson, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and members of employees’ immediate family and those living in the same household of employees are not eligible.
Contact us at The Law Office of Mark Nicholson