HE FIGHTS AGAINST A TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE
He is the attorney known for fighting when there is a travesty of justice! Mark Nicholson has faced travesties and overcame them. He knows what it is like because he has been treated unfairly and he will fight for you to get the justice you deserve.
He has extensive trial experience from felony to misdemeanor cases, family law and civil litigation.
HE IS A LAWYER WITH GOOD RATINGS
AND SEVERAL AWARDS
Mark Nicholson is a People Helper Lawyer. He helps people that need quality legal representation for reasonable rates. He has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, has 5 star ratings and is an award winning attorney. He is a dynamic, aggressive and trustworthy attorney that has a variety of legal disciplines.
HE WAS THE LAW SCHOOL CLASS PRESIDENT AND GRADUATION SPEAKER
In law school his classmates elected him to be their class president and their graduation speaker. They put their trust in him and you can, too. He will communicate directly with you and is accessible 24/7 via phone, email, text and in-person. He will even meet with you via video chat. Mark Nicholson has given presentation and spoken on panels involving police brutality, prison, civil rights, criminal justice, death penalty, education and other topics.
HE HAS TRAINED ATTORNEYS AND BEEN FEATURED IN VARIOUS PUBLICATIONS
Mark Nicholson has experience training attorneys. He was a supervisor and trainer of attorneys at the Marion County Public Defender Agency. He is an adjunct professor for the Indiana University McKinney School of Law. He has served as Judge Pro Tem for the Marion County Superior Courts.
He is a motivational speaker and has spoken at non-profit organizations, for profit businesses, colleges, churches, jails, prisons, veteran’s organizations, graduations, Eli Lilly, and legal conferences.
He was featured in the December 2015 issue of Indianapolis Monthly, the Fall 2012 issue of the ACLU’s Carrying the Torch, the August 3-16, 2011 issue of Indiana Lawyer, February 22, 2017 Hendricks County Flyer, and various other news outlets.
HE IS A VETERAN OF THE U.S. ARMY AND SERVED IN COMBAT
Mark Nicholson is a military combat veteran and assists veterans in receiving the benefits they earned. He serves on the Board of Directors for the Hoosier Veterans Assistance Foundation (HVAF) and is currently the elected Secretary for the Indiana Public Defender Council.
Also, he is a certified Kansas City Barbecue Society Judge and former member of the United States Parachute Association.
Let Mark Nicholson be the solution for your legal needs and let him fight for you!
Call on him 24/7 when you are facing a travesty of justice.
LEADERSHIP AND EXPERIENCE
- Adjunct Professor, Indiana University McKinney School of Law
- Assistant Misdemeanor Supervisor, Marion County Public Defender Agency
- Deputy Public Defender, Indiana State Public Defender Office
- Law Clerk, Indiana State Public Defender
- Bailiff, Marion County Superior Court
- Law Clerk, Indiana Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Commencement Speaker, Class of 2008, Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis
- Vice Chairman, NAACP Legal Redress Committee, 2007-2008
- Dean’s Students Advisory Board, Member, 2005-2007
- Law Student Division Representative, American Bar Association, 2005-2006
- Teacher’s Assistant, Indiana Conference for Legal Education Opportunity, 2005
- Class Representative, Student Bar Association, 2004-2005
MILITARY AND COMBAT EXPERIENCE
- U.S. Army Combat veteran
- Honorably Discharged, U.S. Army
- Honorably Discharged, Indiana National Guard
- Board of Directors, Hoosier Veterans Assistance Foundation, 2011-Present
- Board of Directors, Indiana Public Defender Council, 2016-Present
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Partial list of previous presentations:
- Keynote Speaker, Indiana Housing Conference, 2018
- Bench Bar 2016
- Indiana State Bar Association (Eyewitness to Earwitness)
- Indiana University McKinney School of Law
- Grace College
- Eli Lilly for Horizon House
- Butler University
- Fathers and Families Center
- Harrison College (formerly Indiana Business College)
- Indiana State Museum for the Coalition for Homelessness Intervention and Prevention (CHIP)
- Hoosier Veteran’s Assistance Foundation (HVAF)
- Indianapolis Colts Tackling Homelessness
- MSNBC Lockup at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
- Articles mentioned in:
- Indianapolis Monthly Dec. 2015
- Indiana Lawyer Aug 3-16, 2011
- ACLU Carrying the Torch, vol. 12, issue 3, Fall 2012
- Res Gestae, Nov. 2017, Vol. 61 No. 4, and other publications